Saturday, October 20, 2012

Russian Girls Beware

My friend is visiting from America and three days ago, he was out and about and met a Russian girl. He thought she was cute, but the reality is she pursued him. They talked for a few minutes and she invited him to hang out with him that evening. So, then this Russian girl asks him if he will pay for her taxi. He thinks she means when she comes back to the center for their date. He thinks, 'no problem, I'll pay for her taxi'. So, he says yes.

However, she kept asking, "are you going to pay for my taxi?" This happened about 6 times, before she finally said, "ok, I go now." So, then, he figured out she wanted taxi money for right now. So, he starts smiling, and reaches into his pocket, thinking, "I'm just making a donation, this is ok." However, this Russian girl says, "Give me 80 grivna please (about $10)."

My friend knows that a person can get almost anywhere in the city for 25 to 30 grivna (about $3 to $4). So, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out 40 grivna (about $5) and gives it to her. He said she looked at him with a shocked look and said, "this isn't 80 grivna? I said 80 grivna!"

He said with a smile, "Oh, that's all I have. If you don't want it, you can give it back to me." Of course, she said no, took the money, and went home.

This Russian girl's name is Yulia. She invited him out that evening to karaoke and told him he should bring a friend.He invited me, and about 9:30, I took him to meet a friend of mine and his friend, a guy from England at a well known place called the Irish Pub. Although the food or service isn't great, it is popular among foreigners. So, we were there having a beer with these two guys and Yulia calls. My friend hands me the phone and I start to talk to her in Russian. She asks me if I know a restaurant called Fancone. Well, Fancone is one of the more expensive restaurants in the city center. I said I knew it, but I rarely went there since it was so expensive. I told her she could come to the Irish Pub, join us, and then we would decide where to go from there. I also asked her if she was going to bring a friend. This is when she told me she had gone to the gym today and she was tired. I didn't understand why she was saying that, and then she said she was going to stay home and not come to the city center this evening because she was too tired. This Russian girl realized that I was not easy to trick, and that I was not going to bend over backward in order to give her money the same way my friend had, she backed off and decided not to come.

Some Russian girls can be so money hungry that it is not very attractive. My friend even told me, "if she had just waited a few hours, I would have gladly paid for everything, but she went for the throat right away." Too funny Russian girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment